Journeyman Upgrade Class Schedule
The Local lodge is offering Journeyman upgrade classes to make sure that all members of the Local Lodge will be in compliance with the new referral rules eligibility requirements.The International will be rolling out the New National Referral Rules that all Local Lodge members will need to comply with or they will fall off of the primary A list. The tentative requirements from the National Referral Committee are as follows:
1) A current MOST drug screen certification, of a timely chain of custody receipt indicating that a MOST drug screen certification may be issued. Verification of current drug screen certification will be the responsibility of the Local through the offices of MOST.
2)Must have satisfactorily completed MOST OSHA 10 training with refresher training every five (5) years.
3) Two years domicile within the geographical jurisdiction of Local No. 107 unless otherwise directed by the International President or his designated representative.
4) Six thousand (6000) hours of field construction boilermaker experience regardless of geographical jurisdiction where hours were worked or Common Arc Welding certifications meeting the requirements of Article 188.8.131.52.
5) Certified in welding through Common Arc or a signatory Boilermaker employer or meeting the requirements of the approved rigging examination ( hands on ) with a 70% passing grade.
6) Must have satisfactorily completed the approved welding theory or rigging theory examinations with a 70% passing grade.
7) Must have satisfactorily completed the approved blueprint reading and oxy-actylene burning prficiency examination.
8) Must have satisfactorily completed the MOST Rigger Training course.
9) Must have satisfactorily completed the MOST Scaffold Training course.
10) Must have satisfactorily completed the MOST Steel erection ( Sub Part R ) training.
******Journeyman proficiency upgrade testing for applicants who have not graduated from the approved apprentice training program will require an approved testing date. This can be done by contacting Abe Inghram at 262-754-1291 to verify a test date when their is a qualified instructor available at the discretion of the hall.
We will be having Rigging Modules classes for the apprentices and the journeyman are welcome to attend. If you are in need of any or all of the rigging modules for the Boilermakers Delivery System and the referral status for yourself, please call and make arrangements to attend. These are the only scheduled classes in Wisconsin for the 2017 calendar year at this time.
*** These will be completed in one day sessions, please do not be late as when the class starts, those late will be politely asked to leave and attend another session.
There will be the Boilermakers Code training classe held at the training center in Brookfield. This class will be held on Wednesday August 2nd. The start time will be 7 am and the classes will finish about 3:30 pm. There will be a lunch and drinks served and you will get your certificate of completion at the end of the class. Please call Abe at 262-754-1291 and secure a seat.
There will be a field leadership training ( foreman training class ) class held in Wausau at the Mountain Edge hotel located at 2901 Hummingbird Road, Wausau, WI 54401. You will be required to call and secure a spot for this training and upon completion you will have this recognized on your BDS Profile. If you wish to participate, you must complete both days to get credit and you can call Abe at 262-754-1291 and let him know you plan to attend. This class starts at 7 am and will finish at about 4 pm on the first day and the second day starts at 7 am and finish about 2 pm.
There will be common arc testing at the Hall on August 28th and 29th for plate stick and MIG. We will also be testing for Carbon tube tests on August 30th and 31st. The morning sessions start at 7 am and the afternoon sessions start at 1 pm. If you wish to take more than one of the processes, please make sure that Abe puts you down for multiple tests. I encourage all of you who have the capabilities of welding to come and test since the BDS and the Contractors are typically calling for common arc certified welders first and then maybe testing the rest on site. If you fail to have the certs recognized on your profile, we can not call you until the common arc certified people have been exhausted. Common Arc contractors so far: